The original Shocker ushered in the age of electronic paintball and now the legend has come full circle. Through progressive advancements each Shocker generation has become smaller, lighter and faster than the one before. The circle is now complete... The Shocker has become mechanical.
The new Shocker CVO is joining the Shocker XLS in the Shocker Paintball lineup. The Shocker CVO takes the smoothness and efficiency found in the ultra-light and compact Shocker XLS and strips away the electronics, replacing them with a purely mechanical control system featuring a cam-actuated pilot valve. The result is a cutting edge paintball marker with a trigger pull so short and light that it matches its electronic cousins while diving into the resurgent world of mechanical tournament paintball.
- • Precision Trigger - One of the key features that draws serious players to the Shocker XLS is its fully adjustable trigger. This sets the Shocker CVO apart from its mechanical competitors. A matched pair of sealed bearings provide a clean pivot without side to side slop. The Shocker trigger's rear and forward limits can be fully adjusted as well as its magnetic return pull. Each of these adjustments can be made without disassembling any part of the Shocker.
- • Roller Bearing Lever - Linking the trigger to the pilot valve is the Shocker CVO trigger lever. Not only does this lever ride on sealed bearings, but each end is also equiped with a roller bearing set. As the trigger is pulled, the front end of the lever rolls over it. The contact surface with the pilot valve is also able to roll as it depresses the valve pin. This unique arrangement provides mechanical advantage with minimal friction. The trigger lever's return tension may be adjusted by using one of 8 spring attachment positions.
- • Roller-Actuated Pilot Valve - This is what makes the shocker CVO tick. Replacing battery, microprocessor, power circuits and solenoid valve is a roller actuated pilot valve. The result of years of development and field-testing around the world, this precision-machined aluminum valve only needs to move less than 6 hundredths of an inch to operate. What's more, the valves fixed seal design utilizes a valve core sliding through the center of fixed position o-rings. With less contact area in the o-rings inner diameter compared to its outside, both friction and wear are reduced. Close-before-open actuation closes the gas supply before venting the exhaust gas to maintain consistent air efficiency.
- • Adjustable ASA - The benefits of a sleek gas-through grip design don't require a trade-off in flexibility. The Shocker CVO's new ASA is position adjustable over 1/2 inch for individual balance preferences.
- • Freak XL with All-American Porting - The Shocker CVO comes equipped with the Freak XL barrel featuring a gloss black barrel back and match anodized barrel front. The Freak XL back features modified Autococker threads, permitting faster removal while maintaining compatibility with legacy barrels. The Freak XL tip brings the overall barrel length to 14" and features the famous All-American porting, providing an accurate shot with minimal sound signature.
- • Hose Free - INSIDE AND OUT - That common failure point for paintball markers is gone. Hose and hose fitting leaks are impossible because all gas paths in the Shocker CVO are machined channels through the ASA grip frame, pilot valve and body.
- • Spool Valve - The proven and refined XLS power plant is the heart of the Shocker CVO. Serving as both bolt and valve core, the XLS skeleton bolt weighs in at a mere 13.87 grams. There are no springs or strikers, only the gas pressure biased bolt. As the only major moving part in the firing cycle, this light moving mass provides virtually no recoil, making modern Shockers among the smoothest shooting platforms in the world.
- • Highly Efficient - When the Shocker fires, the XLS bolt closes off the gas supply to the main chamber. Not only does this make for a highly efficient system, it also keeps inconsistent long dwell times from spiking velocity, a critical factor in keeping every shot consistent with the Shocker CVO's mechanical pilot valve.
- • Low Pressure - The trifecta of the XLS power plant efficiency. XLS regulator reaction speed and longer Freak XL control bores make the Shocker XLS and CVO work at an ultra-low operating pressure of only 145psi. The Shocker is gentle with brittle tournament paint, and offers a smooth, stable, quiet shot. Shot after shot.
- • Carry Case - From home to the fied or to the tournament, the Shocker CVO travels in armored style, protected in its included zip-sided hard case.